What we do
Recognising the heightened threat of fraud and other crimes perpetrated by employees, contractors, and other insiders, PREFIT aims to:
- gather and analyse information about insider threats from diverse sectors, law enforcers and other agencies and experts.
- share information about the threats, and good practice about reducing the harm caused by insider threats with the employers that such threats target.
PREFIT organises briefings and workshops that bring together the employers who are victims of crime with the agencies and experts who have the know-how to combat it.
PREFIT does not earn a profit from its activites.
Who we are
PREFIT is a network of Police, counter fraud and security experts and organisations.
The forum comprises:
- Angus Sim, Project Manager
- Peter Burns, Metropolitan Police
- Grant Sidey, Serious & Organised
Crime Agency (SOCA)
- Anton Watson, Control Risks Screening
- Nick Harness, Experian Background
- Richard Smith, First Advantage
- Paul Leadbeater, G4S Employment
Screening & Validation
- David Chernick, KPMG Forensic,
- Ollie Fisher, Kroll Background
- Steve O'Neil, The Security Watchdog
- Neil Marshall, World-Check